It is one of the traditional crafts of our country from ancient times.
What is ssireum?
It is one of the traditional crafts of our country from ancient times. It is a folk game in which two people decide to compete by grabbing the band of a piece of skirt or belt or pants and knocking down opponents first
- Related Organizations
Related Organizations Name korea ssireum association Homepage www.ssireum.sports.or.kr Manager Choi Bong Jin / 02-420-4256~4257
The origin of the game
Ssireum was used as a way to win by fighting only with one's own strength and physical strength, not to be dominated by beasts or other races before the invention of weapons.In other words, Ssireum is performed as a means of living to protect oneself in the primitive age. As farming life began, it gradually developed into play like today.
The game method
It is a game in which two players who wander around the waist competing on the sand plate or the mat grab the opponent's net and fall on the floor by the bridge technique or the back technique. Any part of the body of the opponent's body except for the sole of the foot touches the ground and the game is over.
Baekdo(over 105.1), Halla(80.1~105), Guemgang(80.1~90), Taeback(under 80)
The ancestor of our nation begins from the Neolithic period from 3000 BC to 2000 BC. The traces of the oldest wrestling which can be found in the tribal period from the Tangun Dynasty to the beginning of the Three Kingdoms period in 2333 BC is called " In the "25th History" of China and the "Sanseong-gi" of Korea, there are contents about King Chiwoochung in the first book and second book of "Sekigi", and it is considered to be named after his legendary soldier and martyr. Since then, we have recorded an anecdote about wrestling, using the names "gakjeohe" and "sechim" in the "Huh Hanbook" of China and the "Chosun History book.
Three Kingdoms Period
Goguryeo is the only one of the three kingdoms to find the footsteps of Ssirum. The murals of the mausoleum guns in the old capital city of Goguryeo and the murals of Changchun No.1 are well known. Silla was found to have recorded a small amount of wrinkles in the life of the Goguryeo in the "Samguksagi" festival, while Kim Ji-shin's work was wrestling with the restoration And Baekje is the general theory of Japan and the two countries that Paekche wrestling method was spread to Japan. In the Three Kingdoms period, homework to find more historical data
The wrestling of the Goryeo Dynasty remained in "Goryeo" which was compiled in the 15th century Joseon Dynasty. In particular, during the reigns of King Chungsu (1330) and King Chunghee (1343), there was no example of the upper and the lower, but the king and his servants enjoyed the wrestling. At that time, they were suffering under the rule of the Yuan Dynasty
In the literature on the wrestling of the early and middle Joseon dynasties, it can be found in the "Annals of the Joseon Dynasty", and in the "Nanjing Diary" of Yi Sun-shin, "," Dongguk Sensei "," Hardness Magazine "," Thongdongjip "and many other documents are described about wrestling. Also, there are a few points in the pictures, such as the wind speed of the unit, the genre painting of Kisan, and the great pleasure of staying at home. Other wall paintings were found in Daegu Donghwasa Yeongsanjeon, which is supposed to have been built.
Modernization as a sport
The wrestling event was held in October 1912 at the Seoul Danseongsa Theater, which was organized by the Lukaku Club. It was held for four weeks at the theater of the light stage in January, 1915. The enthusiasm for the wrestling grew, and the 'Chosun Wrestling Association' was established in 1927, Was held at Wimun High School, but in July 1937, the '10th Pre-Chosun Ssireum Competition' became the final competition.
It was held at the Chosun Ilbo Temple Auditorium in 1936, but it was suspended after the 6th Jeonseon Sirum Championship in 1941. In 1946, In 1947, the title of 'Jeonjosul Syrm Championship' was also changed to 'National Syrm
The division of the weight of the Ssurum tournament was carried out from the '12th national Ssir championship' held in 1956. The contest was divided into weight class (71.3kg or more) and light weight class (71.3kg or less). However, as many problems were pointed out, it was changed to 5 class weight, again changed into 3 class weight, In 1959, 'The 1st National Changsha Wrestling Contest' was established, but the contest was canceled six times. In 1972, the first KBS boats The competition for the national contest began, but in 1994, 23 conventions were held, including several conventions. In addition to the 'National Sirum Championships', the 'Korea Ssireum Championship', which was established in 1964, includes 9th annual professional sports tournament, 5th traditional ssirum tournament, 5th sports athletics
Folk wrestling (professional wrestling)
The birth of Folk Wrestling was started in April 1982 when the Folk Wrestling Committee was established. Folklore Wrestling, which announced its launch in 1983, was prosperous beginning with the "1st Wrestling Tournament of the First Grandmothers" held at Jangchung Gymnasium on April 14. In particular, folk wrestling was held at Taebaek, Geumgang, In May 1991, the company began operating with four weight classes, but in December 1987, it was operated with three weight classes, which eliminated Taebaek class. In May 1991, only Keumgang classes were eliminated and more than 100kg class and Halla classes (less than 100kg) were operated.
Since the birth of the wrestling industry, as the wrestling has become increasingly popular, teams such as Ilyang Pharmaceutical, Bohai Brewery, Lucky Securities, Hyundai, Samik Furniture, Busan Choheung Kangwon and Incheon have joined together. However, in 1997 the IMF crisis hit the decline of the team, which led to a gradual decline. After the last remaining contemporary team withdrew from the Korean Ssirmum Federation and turned to the unemployment team, the Korean Ssirmum Federation, which oversees the folk wrestling, became the only organization without the Ssirumdan (membership organization). We have established a wrestling committee and are working
In the midst of difficult circumstances, in March 2016, the National Federation of Wrestling Societies and the Korea Wrestling Federation merged to revive and rebound the wrestling. In May of 2017, the name was changed to 'The Korean Wrestling Association' in order to highlight the legitimacy and symbolism of wrestling.
The Korea Ssirum Association held the '2016 Chuseok Changsha Ssireum Competition' and the '2016 Cheonhwangsa Ssireum Festival' at the Seoul Jangchung Gymnasium, which was the sacred site of Ssirum, and successfully competed with various events and effective marketing to raise the fragrance of Siram fans. In addition to running the Tumble Promotion TF team in 2016, we have developed a new CI and a character of the Korean Sirim Association, and introduced a new wrestling style through the improvement of business suits and judging suits through the Sirme Design Improvement Project.
And organized various committees such as Folklore Wrestling Committee, Women Wrestling Committee, and In April 2015, Ssurum submitted an application for the registration of the intangible heritage of humanity to UNESCO, and in January 2017, it was designated as National Intangible Cultural Property No. 131. If the wrestling is registered as a UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage in 2018, it is expected that the wrestling will advance not only in Korea but also in the whole world, thereby laying the foundation for a new leap of
a front blow
- Use your right arm and shoulder to lift your opponent's upper body up or pull your opponent slightly by moving your left foot slightly toward your opponent. Then your opponent's right leg is moved forward by your right hand .
- 1. The center of the waist and the right foot fall backward, and the body rotates in a clockwise direction, and the head pushes the side of the opponent completely tightly and pushes it down. The important thing is that the hands, waist, and head movements must be instantaneously matched simultaneously and the body must rotate a lot.
a back stroke
- When the opponent's left leg comes close to the front, the attacker first pulls the leg cover and wraps the back of the opponent's knee joint with his right hand.
- Use your shoulder and chest to pull the left foot forward to prevent it from moving backward.
- When the opponent's right leg comes out in front of him, he puts his back on the back of his right knee and holds the back of his opponent's right knee with his left hand gripping the legs and pulls his left foot backward at the same time.
Side knee strikes
- This technique is used when the center of the opponent is forward or when the opponent's right leg is backward or when the opponent is going to kick back. Release the left hand of the opponent's right elbow by releasing the left opponent's right elbow. In a counterclockwise direction.
- It is a technique to place the back of the waist gripping with the right hand and pushing the back of the bridge with the palm of the opponent's neck down.
Pulling the back seat
- The attacker is a technique that puts the waist crawler on the back of the opponent, catches the back of the opponent's back, pushes the left foot forward, and pulls the crotch forward strongly.
Hanging on and around
- The attacker moves the left foot forward to the right foot of the opponent, then pulls the waist top to the body and attaches the body.
- It is a technique to drag the opponent's right leg with the right leg while moving the left foot to the opponent's right foot position while dragging the opponent by using the leg net and waist net.
- Move the attacker's right foot to the right foot of the opponent, center it on the left foot, and push the opponent's right ankle to the right shoulder, while not hitting the opponent's right ankle
Ankle bar rack
- If you try to center the attacker's right leg and drag your opponent to the side of your body, the defender will open your left foot or lower your lower body center to accept it most of the time. At this moment, the right foot of the attacker to the opponent's left side of the technology to push down
- If an attacker attempts to center the right leg and pull the opponent toward the body, the defender will most likely lower the center of the lower body to accept it. At this moment, the attacker's right ankle is instantly walked down the right direction
- The attacker moves the left leg to the back of the opponent's right leg, raises the leg sash bar up, pulls the back sash bar clockwise, and fires the opponent's left ankle or side flap with the attacker's right foot.
- As soon as the opponent's left leg enters the bridge, the attacker rolls the opponent's left knee with his right leg, pulls the leg smack, and pivots the opponent's waist center and pushes it to the right
- The center of the attacker's body is on the right leg and the back of the opponent's back is pulled close to the attacker's body to close the opponent's body. At the same time, the left hand holding the bridge cover is folded down and the right hand holding the waist cover is turned counterclockwise It is a technique that pushes up and pushes and pushes the upper body, the chest and the right shoulder in an instant, by turning the opponent.
- Put the right foot of the attacker's left foot slightly inside, lift the leg cover upwards, pull the waist cover to the right, and rotate the waist rapidly to turn it clockwise.
- Shelving can be thought of in two ways. One is to take the other's knee out of the way when lifting it with the right leg knee, and the other is to turn the knee around the car while holding the suspect
- The right foot of the attacker is moved forward to the left foot of the opponent's foot and then moved to the back of the left foot and the back of the right foot.
- When a long-term attack occurs and an attacker enters under the opponent's chest, the attacker below unfolds his legs first and approaches it while calmly pulling the legs. If the opponent on the top does not want to pull his right foot, either pulls his foot back or pushes it up, the attacker suddenly lowers his body down and pulls his head (neck) out of the opponent's right foot, It pushes in the clockwise direction and the waist crawler pulls hard in the direction of going in. It is one of the representative skill of the players who push down the belly by pushing the center of the body to the right and knocking down the opponent.
- You need to be agile and timely when doing this technique. First, as soon as the opponent pulls to the right to take a long battle, the attacker lowers the center of the lower body and body and inserts deep into the left foot of the opponent to the opponent's left foot position while holding the opponent's left hand, Holding the left hand without missing, pushing the chest backward, pushing the back of the neck against the left side of the opponent, pushing the
- When the opponent's hand has fallen out of the way for a long time, the attacker pushed the head against the opponent's shoulder or chest, momentarily pulling the body down, lowering the center of the upper and lower body and pulling the top. At this point, the moment the opponent's abdomen comes to the attacker's shoulder, the attacker lifts his head between the opponent's two legs and flips it backwards.